Monday, October 6, 2008

Give us whiskey, screw the wine, we're the class of 89

This coming year will be my 20th High School Reunion. My how time flies. I wasn't really all that close to my classmates, but there is this curiosity that makes me kinda-sorta want to go back and see what folks are up to...and a part of me that would like to let those folks know what I've been up to.

There was a time when I had this fantasy of going back to say to people, "That's 'Dr. Robinson'!", but I've gotten over it. I am a different person now, and I would hope that the people I went to high school are different as well. So, anyway, I don't really have a whole lot of desire to drive 900 miles for the sake of curiosity...and I did promise myself that the next time I left the state it would be for a real vacation, and sorry, going to ND does not count as a vacation.

No comments: