Thursday, May 3, 2012

Being Happy in the Moment

This year has given me plenty of opportunities to practice this concept, however, I have to admit that I haven't been a very good student. I forget that during the difficult moments I should work on that concept-take a deep breath, think about what situations i have control over and act accordingly, and let go of those things that I don't have control over. My day job should be a good reminder to stop my Wild Mind and appreciate the good things that are going on in my life, but my habit of getting caught up in the chaos is still tripping me up and dropping me in the mud puddle. The reality is that my life is good; I have a wife who loves me, a great house, loving pups, a job with benefits, the joy of throwing heavy things while wearing a kilt, my Highland Games family, and many an idea for what I would like to do in the future. Admittedly, much of my turbulence comes from the later...more precisely the my difficulty with follow-through with putting into place my ideas. I think I need a life coach.

2 comments:

actor momma thrower said...

So hard sometimes my friend....to not reach so far in the future that I trip over my present.

Cowgirl71 said...

lol, I couldn't have said it more eloquently myself! PS: you are my superhero!