Friday, March 14, 2014

Gratitude and Fear

I heard somewhere that "Gratitude and Fear cannot exist at the same time." Whether it is some magical phenomenon, or simply a way of shutting down a hyper-active amigdala, I don't know. But it seems to work when I can remember.

So here are some things I am grateful for in no particular order.
1. That my pup buries his nose under his paw when he sleeps, and it's mighty cute.
2. My very supportive wife, who has a good sense of humor.
3. My comfy bed.
4. Poop jokes.
5. The Coop carrying Beeler's Bacon Ends and Pieces.
6. Purple.
7. My Captain America pajama pants.
8. Trees.
9. Peaches fresh from the tree in the summer.
10. KISS

I was a huge KISS fan as a kid. They were like real-life super heroes in my eyes. I grew up and saw them as people eventually, but during my teen-age years they gave me ... something in those times where I had nothing. And I am grateful for that. Because truth be told, there were many times I lost hope as a teenager, and something always caught me by a thread on the seat of my pants and held me here. And although it's been hard, I am grateful to be here.

No comments: