Saturday, February 21, 2009

Pardon the piles, I'm finding myself

A while back I posted about the "Magnum PI" assignment we were given in my Career Counseling class. From that assignment I got that much of my life has been "boxed up". A couple weekends ago, I started un-boxing my life while in the midst of another assignment. This particular assignment came from a book I was reading for said class; Minerva Rules Your Future, which is basically a woo-woo version of the many self-help career-finding books out there (which is right up my alley). The assignment really had nothing to do with un-boxing my life, but it got me started, so who's counting?
During the "Magnum PI" assignment I also learned that "unless I can finish a project right away AND do it 'perfectly', I am inclined not to do it." Well, I have to say that this is not a one day project, but on a happy note, I have not abandoned it-I realize it will take time and many steps to complete.
So, I am slowly but surely un-boxing myself...which has put me in a slight identity crisis, but I know I am on the right path...I just have some slogging to do.

No comments: