Wednesday, February 11, 2009

What is your super hero power?

This is a Jeremy-ism. Big J as my ex dubbed him is one of those quiet fellows who likes to ask questions that go a little deeper...he is not a "how is the weather?" kind of guy. One thing I got from Big J is the idea of 'what is your super hero power?' For example, one of his friends' super power is that the server always brings the check exactly when he is ready to pay. I started thinking about this again yesterday as I was hunting for a new box of Kleenex for my office. As I was hunting, I remembered that as with my current counseling clients, many of my massage clients got a good cry out of our time together. So, it appears that my super hero power is making people cry. I usually don't make children cry, but I often lie and say I do so that I won't be forced to hold someone's child.

1 comment:

Jeremy Rice said...

One of my powers was inherited from my father: the ability to catch things.

...It's not flawless--sometimes I miss--but, dammit, I can make some fantastic catches.