Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Perspective

No game posts today. Just random thoughts bounces through my head like a rabid pinball machine.

Last night Chris and I visited one of her college friends and stayed up waaaay past our bedtime laughing, telling stories, playing darts, and smoking cigars. A few blocks away from her house C got a text and we figured it was her sending a last-word hysterical text. 

Instead it was a text from C's coworker T who I had met last week, along with T's partner J. When we went out that night I was thinking that C and I don't have many lezzie-couple friends, and that these 2 would be a great addition to our small circle. They were funny, they were in to fitness, unlike me they were both gainfully employes...perfect, right?

Back to the text...so T was asking if we were coming to the J's memorial. WTF?!? So we googled J thinking we must be misunderstanding the text. Nope. No misunderstanding. We're still unclear of the details other than J passed last week, and T is devastated..."heart-broken"...and our heart is aching for her...and we're hundreds of miles away and can only offer words and positive energy, and hope they are enough for now.

Moments like these, I realize how much of a control freak I am because I want so bad to make it better, but there's not a damn thing I can really do...except hold a space. And appreciate my own loved ones...and let them know how much they are appreciated.

No comments: