Wednesday, August 14, 2013

The impossble

Why do I blame myself for everything that goes on in the world? The guy at the gas station with the bad attitude, nuclear waste pouring into the ocean, the death of an acquaintance.

Wow, if only I had that much power! What the hell is wrong with me? Seriously? 

Yet when it comes to the things I have power over in my life, I feel completely helpless...powerless...and because of that sense of helplessness/powerlessness I fail to act. Maybe it's the realistic powerlessness of the former mentioned situations that I attach to. Maybe it's easier to take responsibility for those things that I obviously have no control over, because...crap...I almost had it. Because I really can't do a damn thing about those impossible situations, so I don't have to feel bad about not taking action. The only problem with that little situation is that I still do feel bad about not taking action. 

How f'ed up is that? I need to stop that crap.

The end.

No comments: