Sunday, October 13, 2013

go fish?

My peeps are at the field right now practicing for the Tucson Highland Games. C asked me last night if I would go to practice, but it's too dang hard to go hang out when I can't pick up anything without hurting myself. I've been trying to interest myself in more...sedentary hobbies since my hip went lame on me, but I just haven't managed to find a passion for anything just yet. And I admit, part of the lack of passion is in part due to how f'ing depressed I've been. I've got St. John's Wort coming out my ears, but I'm still depressed as hell. Some days the can't-get-out-of-bed depressed. Always swore I would never "let" myself get that bad...I would do something...make myself keep, well, doing. 

If I'm going to be honest with myself, I isolate myself too much-and yeah, legitimately, there was a while during my recovery where i couldn't do much more than get from the bathroom to bed, but I'm mobile now, so I don't have an excuse. It's just back to that whole reaching out to people to do coffee, go to a movie, play cards...anything to get my ass interacting with other humans.

Well, good thing I've got my C, and my pups.

No comments: