Wednesday, April 23, 2008

uh. yeah.

So, still haven't touched that paper since the one line I wrote at 7am. Fortunately the paper doesn't need to be turned in tonight, but I do have to do a presentation on said paper tonight. The one line I added this morning was very poignant...to me. Not sure dr herman would appreciate it so much. See for yourself:

I believe that therapeutic isolation leads to bacterial growth.

Think of a pool of water. Not that we have many of those here in NM, nor that many back in ND (I've decided btw, that I will only live in states that start with the letter N). A pool of water that has no movement becomes stagnant and green and slimy...and the smell. Just thinking about the smell makes my lungs hurt. Anyway, without movement, without fresh 'water', the pool become poison to itself, and to any thing that comes to drink from it. The same can be said of the therapist who lives and practices in a vacuum. We need to keep ourselves and our ideas fresh by sharing with and listening to our colleagues. Regardless of whether one is a 'therapist' or not, I think this sentiment holds true.

No comments: