Tuesday, July 8, 2008

life sucks

My therapist was reminding me of how our sessions used to go..."You would stretch out in that chair, look up at the ceiling and tell me 'life sucks'. And I would as you why and you would say you didn't know." And I would, and I didn't...I mean there were plenty of sucky things I could point a finger at, but nothing stuck out as suckier than anything else. But these days I'm happy. I am tired as shit, but I am Happy. And the sucky stuff is pretty insignificant. Every now and again, I trip over it, but fairly infrequently-and when I do, I don't carry it around until I find something else sucky to carry, until my arms are too full and I have to put something down. I am seriously getting used to being happy. no apologies.

2 comments:

brian said...

Once upon a time, I was an angry young man.....now I'm a happy older man...in love....and have been for over 10 years. I'm never going back. I hope you don't either!

Cowgirl71 said...

Oh Brian, I love you :)And you've still got your hair. Me too.