Sunday, October 28, 2012

chapter next

Soooo, Friday after work I met with my new PT, Jennifer. 

The good news is that she appears to be as horrified as I am that at almost 3 months post-surgery I can't put my arm behind my back. The not-so-good news is that at almost 3 months out I can't put my arm behind my back.

She started me on on completely new PT routine so I'm trying to be hopeful that I will get back to 'normal' at some point. Right now 'hope' isn't something I'm having much of, and I realize that pain and lack of sleep have created both a physiological and psychological depression, but having that knowledge doesn't necessarily make it go away.

She also seemed equally horrified that the last PT told me, "don't worry about range of motion; just work on strengthening the shoulder." Granted, I need to strengthen the shoulder, but the fact that my range of motion is worse today than it was the week after surgery seems a bit, well, wrong. 

My goal is to be able to compete in the Masters World Championships in May, and the last few weeks I've started to think that maybe I wouldn't be able, even competing lefty, to compete safely. Today, I'm starting to give in to a little hope that it might happen. We'll see what the next few weeks have in store for me.

Oh, and I hate Braemar, but I have so been wanting to pick up a rock and throw it. Just saying.

No comments: