Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Progress

The lastest in the shoulder drama is that 1. I can put my arm behind my back, 2. I can pull up my pants without pain, 3. I can put my belt on with *relative* ease, 4. I can reach to the side for a glass of water, 5. I still have an impingement when in comes to moving my arm across my body. But number 5 gives me something to work towards, I guess.

I was having a fantasy about competing...hey why did my font change...anyway, fantasy. Yes, I was having a fantasy about competing in the Phoenix Highland Games in March, but after jamming my shoulder bumping into a doorknob last week, I have to admit that the shoulder is still going to be to delicate to be whipping around hammers and hefting cabers by then. Even if I have range of motion fully restored by early next year, I still have a lot of strength training to do before I can pick any of those things up without damaging either of my shoulders or my back. Last week I was taking it pretty hard, but this week I'm a bit more ok with it, perhaps because I'm looking at doing other things to occupy my time.

This weekend I met with some of the reinactor folks for "craft day." I'm not sure I want to get involved in all the political crap that comes with heavy involvement, but I'm digging on the idea of making things. I need to be *doing* things in order to feel...normal? healthy? happy? productive? something. I need a spark, as I've lost my fire, and perhaps I will find it with my new set of nerd peeps.

In the mean time, the rehab continues. Here's hoping the next time I post I'm able to say I can wash my other armpit without pain!

No comments: