Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Hammer Time

First off, let me just say that I hate the new blogger format cuz I can't figure out what the hell I'm doing. Okay, done with that.

I vacuumed today. With my surgery-fied arm. The last few weeks I've been getting back to being able to do a lot of "normal" activities without discomfort. That more than anything gives me hope of getting back to the activities that I ENJOY.

And speaking of which, when I was doing some range of motion stretches tonight, I decided to swing the cane around to see how far from being able to do the hammer I am. Surprisingly, in spite of the difficulty I have reaching across my body, at least with a basically weightless cane I was able to do some pretty decent rotations. Granted with a weighted pole that was tractioning my shoulder, I wouldn't do quite as well, but again, I am gaining hope.

I've been at 3 acetaminophen at bed time for a few years now just to be able to sleep through shoulder pain. In the past I've tried going without to give my organs a break, but that always has meant being kept awake by pain. Tomorrow I'm going to try 2 pills....I'll let you know how that goes.

Peace out.

1 comment:

actor momma thrower said...

You are one brave~bold chica.