Wednesday, December 5, 2012

priming the pump

I love this photo. It was taken at my last competition, a couple weeks before surgery. I didn't throw worth a dang that day, but I had a great day, and that shot makes it look like I know what I'm doing!

I can report that I'm not in near as much of a funk as I have been. I did have a good night's sleep last night, and even slept in a bit...and I snuck into the gym yesterday. I was doing things that my PT had said we wouldn't do until my shoulder was more stable, but I paid attention to movement and to pain, and I think I did a good job of not creating any trauma while getting some more movement going, and starting to feel like I'm on my way back to recovery as opposed to just "undoing damage."

Diet-wise, I am working on getting back to a more solid grounding in Paleo. I will continue to have some cheats-like I am totally not willing to give up a chocolate (sugar), or honey in my coffee just yet, but I am restricting my sweetener to those two things. Also, before surgery I decided I was going to let myself have comfort foods...mainly grains...and it's been really hard to get off the "I'll cheat a little once in a while" jag which was really cheating at least weekly. I think I will allow myself a once a month sushi rice cheat, but no wheat, no oats, no corn, no way! (oh, and sorry Paleo Purists, I'm going to eat potatoes!)

It's time to start feeling better, and that requires action. So strap in kids, it's going to be a crazy ride!

1 comment:

actor momma thrower said...

I can't quite potatoes or chocolate either...

I love how you are sticking with stuff...in the way we all stick with things...making it work.