Monday, September 1, 2008

people who inspire me...


so, on the trip we were walking to the main drag in Taos and we passed by this gallery. I wasn't really thinking much about galleries as most of them up there feature 'southwestern' art, and I have to say that I find most sw art to be quite...trite. So, I was quite amazed to have my eye caught by a gallery. The art in the window happened to be that of Kimberly Webber. I drug Chris in and we were astounded by the beauty of these works. The woman tending the gallery informed us that the artist worked with light, and she turned the lights down as she explained how the artist used multiple layers of 'earth' pigments, ie powdered gold and lapis to name a few. As the lights came down, the iridescent quality of the 'light' in the paintings popped out. It was an amazing experience, one that must be experienced first hand...which you can do here: http://www.oldworldfineartgallery.com/Webber.htm Later we learned that the gallery attendant was actually the artist. An incredible woman, and yet another person who inspires me to be more and do more. The image above may be a great tattoo to remind me of that...

No comments: