Thursday, September 18, 2008

yes, yes, I need to get a life...

ok. I have an addiction. An addiction to Magic the Gathering cards. Not so much the playing, although I definitely enjoy playing, and would play frequently if I had more people to play with, but it's the cards. And since I'm not playing that often, I don't need the plethora of cards that I have, but I keep getting more anyway. I think it's the Cracker-Jack effect...you don't buy Cracker-Jacks because of the Carmel corn, you buy them for the cheap piece-of-crap surprise you're going to get. I buy the cards because I want to see what 'surprises' I'm going to get. And, I will admit, I do enjoy building decks, but I play so infrequently, that I rarely get to put my ideas to use. Ah well, there are worse addictions out there...

No comments: