Sunday, October 9, 2011

Sometimes the journey includes a round-about

So, I've been working on the 'what next' question for some time. I have ideas, but struggle to really clarify the details. Something I was ruminating on this morning was my past life as a massage therapist. That has been one of the few careers I have enjoyed (besides teaching). I was forced out of that profession by wrist injuries, and like leaving teaching motorcycle safety, it was a huge source of grief. Interestingly, since letting go of the motorcycle safety, I can really feel the opening of my energy-like there is room for something else. Anyway, back to where I was going-during my career as a massage therapist, the energetic side of things was what really intrigued/fascinated me. I tried for a short time after I hurt myself to convert my practice strictly to energetic modalities, but my old clients wanted the old me. Part of my journey since then, has been learning who the new me is, and letting people who can handle and accept that new me come along for the journey, and parting ways with those who cannot. So, round about, here I am again, realizing that energetic healing is one of my passions-in the last few months I've had the opportunity to do some work on folks, and it seems as though the experiences for the people I worked on were profound for them as well as me. So the next step is figuring out how get this party started...AND FAST!

No comments: