Wednesday, November 19, 2008

12 good lines


At the book signing last Saturday, Jane was asked about her writing habits and schedule. She stated that she required "12 good lines" of herself everyday. There were different requirements for different stages of her books, but that was the one that stuck in my mind. 12 good lines seems like a do-able task. It bothers me that I have put aside all of my writing projects. Due to my work/school/internship schedule, I don't have a lot of time to devote to writing, but the truth is; I piss off a lot of time on the internet, or watching television...or just starring off into space. Not every day could I do 12 good lines, but there are certainly days that I could...I just have to decide what is more important.


I run into this 'importance' problem when it comes to my body as well. I don't mind working out, in fact I quite enjoy it. The problem is with my eating habits. I LOVE food. Good food that is. And up to now I have been unwilling to make my diet a priority, or to make food sacrifices. In the past couple of months, I have been able to shift my attitude a bit in favor of developing the body that I would prefer to have. More than anything it has been an exercise in willingness. Now I just have to get willing to set aside time for writing.

No comments: