Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Answering Machines

When I lived with my first girl friend I got to be in charge of the answering machine greeting. At the time I could do a damn fine Tina Turner impersonation, so I used it on the machine...I can't remember what the hell I said/sung anymore, but it must have been entertaining because we got a lot more people calling and not leaving messages. At the time, we were one digit off from Pizza Slut, so we got a lot of wrong-numbers, so I had a captive audience. What is my voicemail greeting these days? "Hey, I can't hear worth a damn so speak slow and loud please." Ain't it great to get old?

I thought of this because of an answering machine greeting that frequently triggers in my head when I have forgotten what I'm doing. I used to do reminder calls at one of my jobs so I got to hear many greetings, and my favorite being from Debbie; "I have no idea where I am or what I'm doing, but please leave a message." I feel like I should have that tattooed on my forehead.

Is this a step above "the cute thing that my kittie did today"?

No comments: