Tuesday, November 11, 2008

We'll Be Back! (insert Ah-nold accent)




Posted with permission below (in Red, White, and Blue) is a response to my "rant" blog from another one of Chris' neices. It is very enheartening to have strong, positive support from people I haven't even met yet, but people who are family none-the-less.




Last night as I was brushing my teeth I came up with the idea of boy-cotting California and everything from California. If the state felt the economic crunch, especially in these times of economic hard-ship, would they re-think their ease at passing discriminatory legislation against a sizalbe group of individuals? Chris made the point of "shouldn't we boycott all of the states that have done this?" It is certainly a consideration, but I think California would be a good start. So, all four of my readers, what do you think? Are you willing to boycott all California products? I'm sure they'll feel the crunch! :)


(Jeanette, your exempt since you live there...that would just be too hard.)
Three people can make a difference, right? This is America, after all!




aunt chris-i sent your email to my good friend from college, kate, whose dad is gay and who is also very disasppointed in what happened in AZ and CA. Her response is below. Just thought you might want to hear from someone who is passionate about this issue just like you are. I as well am very sad about what happened and hope this will change before long. I support you and LuAnn and many other people do, too.thanks for sending this. have a good day!-megan






Thanks for sending this Meg. It's good to know there are other people as angry about it as I am and as my family is. It is time for people to vote NO on these issues. There needs to be a strong and clear separation of Church and State. And Church and Hate for that matter.


In truth, I am shocked that people voted (overwhelmingly!) for Obama for "change" and then voted yes to these ridiculous marriage amendments. It is voting for the ultimate in progression and at the same time for the ultimate in regression. I am extremely disappointed in Arizona, although not really surprised. CA surprises me. And it scares me that Prop 8 passed there. We can't change the fact that these discriminatory propositions were passed, but what we can do is speak out and educate people about these issues, especially those of us that have personal ties to the people it effects the most.


I would encourage you to send this email to as many people as possible (with your Aunt's permission of course) and let people see for themselves how it feels to be a victim of legal discrimination. It makes me sick that people voted for these propositions and it makes me that much more motivated to ensure it doesn't happen again. When will your Aunt Christine and LuAnn and my Dad and James and the other 36 million+ people in this country receive equal rights?


Thanks for sending this Meg, this is good for me to see and read. Sorry this email sounds a bit passionate, I am just so tired of watching people vote to legalize discrimination against the people I > love-Kate

No comments: