Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Following the X

So, I finally got my DNA results from Genographic project.

Haplogroup K
Interestingly, her descendants gave rise to several different subgroups, some of which exhibit very specific geographic homelands...today they harbor specific European, northern African, and Indian components, and are found in Arabia, the northern Caucasus Mountains, and throughout the Near East.

While some members of your haplogroup headed north into Scandinavia, or south into North Africa, most members of your group moved northward out of the Near East. These women crossed the rugged Caucasus Mountains in southern Russia, and moved on to the steppes of the Black Sea. Interestingly, your haplogroup is also very significant because some specific lineages within this group constitute three of the four major Ashkenazi Jewish founding lineages.

Interestingly, they used "interestingly" twice in a short space of words. I don't know at the moment that I feel like I have a better sense of 'where I come from', but it's a start, and when I'm not under a pile of homework I will study up on this further.

No comments: