Thursday, December 11, 2008

Don't you know it's winter?!


Check SpellingThis what I was asked several times today. The reason for the question being repeated by so many people today had to do with the fact that I was wearing shorts. Now, don't get me wrong, I didn't get up this morning and say, "Oh, it's so hot out...I better wear my shorts." No, it was a simple case of me wearing my shorts to the gym, and dropping Chris off at work while I went to run errands. I could have brought pants along, but it really wasn't that cold.
For those of you who know me, you know that I hate the cold and I hate being cold, but once it warms up (as it did today), it is quite pleasant. It's not like ND where right about now it's probably below freezing, plus a little wind-chill on top for good measure. I keep thinking about the winter I had this rusted out old Dodge truck. I literally had to put squares of plywood on the floor to keep from falling through the floor boards (I'll see if I can find a pix to post of the old rattle trap). That was the winter where we had a record breaking number of days that didn't get above freezing...I don't recall how many days it was, but think 'weeks'. Now that is cold.
So, anyway, I am about to leave for class, and even though it is cooling down, I am wearing my shorts. Why? 1. because I'm a brat (Yes, I know it's winter), 2. I think my calves look kinda hot. Ho! Ho! Ho!

No comments: