Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Snow day


Chris and I had a snow day yesterday...yeah free day. A couple weeks ago we actually picked up 2 strings of lights which we hadn't even taken out of the bag...until yesterday. While we were out an about we picked up a little potted pine tree which we brought upstairs and trimmed (we couldn't do it downstairs as the boxers would eat it...and the presents). We only had 9 ornaments between us, but that was just the right amount for our little tree. I haven't been particularly excited about Christmas since...well, since my dad died. He loved Christmas; in particular he loved decorating for Christmas. Back in the day the ranch could be seen for miles as a result of the many, many colored bulbs lighting up crisp winter nights. It's been hard to get back into Christmas, but as I start my new life with my new family, I am ready to reclaim some old traditions, as well as creating new ones.

1 comment:

actiasluna said...

Speaking o' christmas schtuff. Are you going to come to my parent's party on sunday? It'll be fuuuuunnnn... you'll be sad if you don't goooooo.

Also, my mother says "congrats!" on getting married. :)