Monday, December 22, 2008

Hey Brenda


So here is wanted I wanted to text to Brenda, but my key pad sucks AND I don't have a 'camera' phone, so you can all suffer through the blog:
Ok, so dude, I really appreciate that my mom made me needle-point dish towels...but why Little House on the Prairie bonnet girls?!? Why couldn't she needle-point me a little El Dia de los Muertos Girl in a dress? Or kittens? Maybe you could send her some patterns for next year? Fortunately the Folgers can contains burnt cookies, not folgers...she even put a piece of bread in the can to keep them moist. So much for changing my diet, eh? 'Tis the season to put both feet in the trough, fa-la-la la-la.
And, yes, I know I said I was dis-owning my family. I changed my mind...I'm just not going to be a doormat anymore.

1 comment:

Rosa said...

Hee-hee. I think I have that same iron-on pattern!

Well, my dear, if nothing else, the time (which is not inconsiderable, trust me) that your ma put into stitching them is an indication of intention, no?

If it makes you feel any better, my mother's gift to me this year was a very large made-in-China cast resin frog tape dispenser.

Swap?

Take the cookies to the duck pond and feed them to the ducks. Or toss them. Guard your goals!

--Brenda