Monday, May 12, 2008

legend

A few months back I had a 'reading' done (yes the woo-woo kind). I was hoping to get some information about my great-grandmother. According to the person I spoke to, I WAS my great-grandmother reincarnated. She also spoke of lessons to be learned, but I won't bore you with the details. A few weeks later, I decided to go to another psychic-type to see what she had to say. According to psychic number 2, I was not my grand-mother, but she was with me all the time for purposes that only I need to know.

The reason I had this curiosity about my great-grandmother is that I don't really know much beyond one story passed down from my grandmother...a story that really sets the tone for the wounds handed down from mother to mother. When my grandmother was in second grade, her mother came to the school-house one day and brought my grandmother out to the playground. She knealed down and told grandmother, "You are old enough to take care of yourself now. I'm going back to my people (the Cherokee People)." With that, she stood up, turned around and started walking. My grandmother stood there motionless and watched as great grandmother's head disappeared over one hill, and then another, until she finally disappeared over the last hill on the horizon.

So, I wonder often, what ever became of her? Did she ever wonder what became of her children, her children's children, and her great-grandchildren? I don't waste my times with wondering how my life would have been different had she stayed. I have the life I have, the only thing that matters is what I do with it. I can direct my future, but I can't change the past, but I can't help wondering what happened to this nameless woman who gave me life.

No comments: