Sunday, August 10, 2008

Aug 75


Wow, you wouldn't believe how hard it was for me to load this image. Well if you personally know my ineptitude with computers, you would. Anyway, this is a picture of me, my dad, and some long lost cousin of his. I don't recall her name, all I remember is that blond people freaked me out because I didn't know any, and she was the first one I'd met, and mom says that she was nuts and was flirting with dad. The stamp on the back of this photo was "Aug 75", which puts me just shy of 4. And shy I was. I loved my daddy and hated strangers...I think that kinda comes through in this shot. The bucket dad is holding contain testicles. I can't remember if he was "cutting" our young stallions or if he was taking care of some late calves, and I only mention it to gross out the squeamish who may be reading this. The square bale stack in the back ground was designed into a fort by my older siblings that winter. It had a "dining room" and a back "bedroom" inside. A table and several couches were also built into it by proper placement of bales in the interior, and one of my brothers strung a series of extention cords out to hook up a radio. To me back then, it seemed like this huge fort, but looking back at this photo, I realize the perspective difference...I'm sure my older siblings were ducking inside that thing, whereas it was the perfect height for a 4 year old. I loved that place, as did my siblings, but eventually their fabulous fort had to be fed to the cattle.

No comments: