Thursday, August 14, 2008

the road home

This photo was taken on my way back from ND. I'm not quite sure what state it was, but I think it was when I took a quick wrong-turn in Wyoming. I do love an open blue sky with big clouds.

I returned from that trip to my Home. Before the trip, I thought of myself as not having Home; that ND used to be Home, but that there was no place that I had made Home. Now I know; this is Home. Part of realizing that I was Home came from letting go of ND, and letting go of my family. For those who read the post regarding not ever going back, releasing myself from my family; those sentiments still hold true. Like anything we let go of, I have my pangs to make contact, but I have to think it through and realize that I won't get anything positive from the experience. Some people I have told about dis-owning my family think that I have made an improper decision, that I just need to do more therapy or some such thing, but I don't. I have made the best decision for myself...there is certain baggage that I am ready to let go of. Now that I am Home, it is time to unpack the things I value and rid myself of the clutter.

No comments: