Sunday, August 24, 2008

Yes, yes, I am a nerd


So, here is my friend Christie telling the tale:
C: Are you going to 'Con this year?
L: Um, is Jane Lindskold gonna be there?
C: Yup.
L: I am so on it.

And so I was. Sadly, I have only read one of her books (Brother to Dragons, Companion to Owls) but I absolutely love her. And after getting to see her on a panel and doing a reading I so love her even more. I wish I would have taken notes so I could share some of the soul-touching things...and amusing things she said, but let it be noted that she is an intelligent, articulate, passionate woman, and I am honored to have met her. Having been in her presence made me want to get my ass back to writing. We'll see what happens. Damn the homework. It is unfortunate that I was being too self-conscious and nerdy to have had an intelligent interaction with her...guess there is always next year.

No comments: