Friday, August 22, 2008

Friday

So I have finished my first week of internship (8 to go if you are curious). I really didn't know what to expect. One thing I did expect, and it did happen is that there were certain people that I wanted to take home, make a bowl of soup, and read them a bed time story. It is the blessing and the curse of human experience to watch people struggle to make their lives better, and see the many roadblocks that get in their way. Fortunately for my soul, I have figured out that I don't have to fix the roadblocks for others, but I can certainly be their witness to the struggle and the triumphs.

A good lesson I have learned along the way is self care. Self care hasn't been getting enough attention of late with moving, working, changing schedule etc, so this weekend I am going to Bubonicon (bubonicon.com) for a little nerdy R&R. And I will spend as much time as I possibly can running around in my undies today.

No comments: