Sunday, June 1, 2008

Bread boy


College was such a strange and wondrous time. Pages worth of blogs could be done on the many college-related topics that come to mind, but for now, let us focus on bread-boy, AKA Brian. He's the tall one on the right. Brian was my best friend in college...and back then we both had long hair. The story that came to mind this morning when I woke up at 6am (I really need to stop doing that) is of the time I arranged for us (he and I and my ex Ruby) to go to Bismarck for tattoos. He got a very lovely Pacific Coast Native piece done on his back. I was wanting to get a specific tattoo which the Toad did not have a design for, and since this whole thing was my idea, I had to get something. So in the mean time Ruby got a tattoo of a dragon on her upper peck, and I really liked how it looked so I got the same thing only in a different color. More about that later. Through college, B and I were tattoo buddies...after the Toad, we discovered Penny who became our regular artist, and generally we went along with the other to get our pieces done. We also spent a great deal of time defacing, I mean customizing the art department. Good times. Now B has a real job and gets to fly around in the company jet, has a lovely wife and kids, and a mini-van...and I have a broke-down mini-van complete with side door falling off!

No comments: