Thursday, June 12, 2008

questioning

A couple of days ago I ran into a friend I hadn't seen in a number of years. "I heard you were up in Minnesota", she commented. "Uh, no."

Back story: A few years ago, after much trepidation I had finally decided to go to acupuncture school rather than counseling school. My gf at the time had a meltdown when I told her because she was in school for acupuncture and that was her thing. I was trespassing. After feeling like I'd been smacked in the face with a scoop shovel, I looked into other acupuncture schools so she could maintain her 'space', and I decided on a school in MN.

With my passion for life already strangled, self-doubt became the loudest voice in my head and I scrapped the idea of going to acupuncture school...or any school...until a little over a year ago when some woman from Univ of phoenix called and hard-sold me into starting the counseling program there. As much as I hated the program, I owe them a debt of gratitude for getting me back into school. But my run-in with Elise reawoke my self-doubt and makes me wonder if I chose the right field.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not that my belief in you really matters when it gets right down to it, I know that you've chosen the right path. The good you will release on the world takes my breath away. I'm so damn proud of you.