Saturday, June 28, 2008

dude, dude, dude-man


Now that I'm over my job, lets talk about my best friend Sheila. This photo was taken about 8 years ago. It was March or April and Sheila and I were working out in the back yard and a couple of snow flakes fell from the sky. Sheila looks at me and says, "Hey! Wanna load up the truck and go to Phoenix; I'm sure its not snowing there!" So with that, we loaded up her old '74 Ford truck with the Vulcan, the kayak, and a change of underwear and we were off to 'disneyland'. Disneyland in this case being our friend Meloni's apartment complex that had this great little man made mini-lake around it. On this particular day, we got up, went to the pool, paddled around the 'mote', and then drove the motorcycle up the street for our Ambrosia, good coffee. That was the best day ever.

The first words that flutted through my head upon waking were today's title. So here is the story. Sheila and I had gone to the grocery store, and the little gang-banger wanna-be at the check-out, in the space of 30 seconds had called us 'dude' or 'dude-man' about 12 times. So while unloading our groceries at home, we pulled our pants as far down our hips as we could, gangsta style and proceeded to have a contest to see who could use 'dude' the most in a sentence. After that, as our little joke we greeted each other regularly with "dude, dude, dude-man". The only problem is that our little joke on the check-out boy karmically backfired on us, because now, like the check-out boy, we call everyone "dude" to the point of annoyance.

No comments: