Saturday, June 21, 2008

sex and zen

speaking of sex, I just had to page through Interbeing...and good ol' Thich reminds me: Sexual relations motivated by cravings cannot dissipate the feeling of loneliness but will create more suffering, frustration, and isolation, we are determined not to engage in sexual relations with out mutual understanding , love and a long-term commitment. In sexual relations, we must be aware of future suffering that may be caused.

Sadly, I know it's true. Although I can't find fault in a goodly friend-frak, if one of you happens to be moving out of town. I'll keep working on my enlightenment...

Later in the teaching Thich states that "We will do everything in our power to protect children from sexual abuse...". Now how often do holy books bother stating that we need to protect children? especially from sexual abuse? Maybe some other religions need to take a lesson from the Buddhists. I think I am a little too tired for the rant that is building, so I will leave it at that for tonight.

No comments: